Running as a ESVCLP under the Australian Venture Capital Act, KTM Ventures Innovation Fund LP is a Tax-effective fund for high Investment returns behind pre-IPO and private expansion capital.
Our differentiated position from traditional Venture Capital is the fund looks to help drive companies to the next level of growth and typically help IPO on the ASX. We work with founders and management on strategy execution, open our contact books for value adding board directors and other commercial investors and customers.
KTM Ventures purpose is to back founders who are building remarkable businesses and work with them to make it a reality.
KTM Ventures Innovation Fund LP provides direct access to high quality deal flow of unlisted and pre-IPO opportunities which do not fit the mandates of traditional investment firms.
KTM Ventures Innovation Fund provides direct access to high quality deal flow of unlisted and pre-IPO opportunities which do not fit the mandates of traditional investment firms.
KTM Ventures provides a differentiated approach to venture capital
- Gap in the market with a mid-late stage VC / early expansion focus
- Shorter investment horizon – typically 2 to 4 years per investment
- Investment team with a proven track record of delivering in the space
- Industry and technology sector generalists – strengths in tech, Fintech & Lifesciences
- Short fund term and policy to pre-IPO exit investments early with tax-free returns to investors
Exceptional investor tax advantages with new tax law in place from July 2016
- Tax free returns (income and capital gains)
- 10% upfront tax offset on invested capital
- Zero capital gains tax on early distributions, ie. disposal after IPO
- Minimum 12 month holding period for concessional tax treatment
As a registered ESVCLP, KTM Ventures Innovation Fund LP is governed by the terms set out by the General Partner, managed by an Investment Committee which reviews and approves proposed investments.
The Investment Committee further confirms the selection process has been satisfied and the investment criteria have been met, that any conflicts have been declared and that valuations are appropriate for the stage/progress of the start-up.